When you’re feeling down and out, REAL friends be like
There were these 12 year old boys hanging around. As I got my food and left they were all checking me out like little prepubescent lemurs and one of them said “Can I get your number?” And I turned around and said “Why, you need a babysitter?”
if you want a nice body, go get it. if you want to become a lawyer, study your ass off. if you want nice hair, pick a style and get it done. stop being afraid and motivate yourself. find yourself. find your happiness, because it’s out there waiting for you.
when you need to cough in an exam but you’ve already coughed like twice so you just sit there suffocating
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
Over time you’ve learned
not to look too closely
into the mirror because
it hurts too much to see
everything that’s wrong;
whether it be too fat,
too small, too this or that.
So you walk around with
an empty stomach and an
even emptier heart hoping
that one day you’ll be pretty
enough to not completely
hate your own reflection.
But the problem with self-
loathing is that no matter
what you see in the mirror,
you will still be filled with hate.